If you’re looking for luxury accommodation in Plettenberg Bay: Sky Villa Boutique Hotel, a member of Cape Summer Villas, delivers on everything it promises: opulence, warm hospitality and striking design.
Located in the popular tourist town of Plettenberg Bay, this hotel along the Garden Route is perched on a hilltop with views of the Indian ocean, Keurbooms River and Tsitsikamma mountains – this five-star facility is a passion project of the highest order. It opened in December 2017 and offers 14 luxury rooms, including a presidential and honeymoon suite. There are also sea- and mountain-facing deluxe suites – and I was fortunate enough to have recently stayed in one.
What I loved most about my stay – if I really had to choose – was, yes, the beautifully designed and well-kept rooms, the amazing food (with more-than-generous portions) and the exquisite grounds, but more so the warmth and friendliness of the staff.
It was not business as usual at the time, with only business travel allowed, which impacted the hotel, but also the rest of the hospitality industry, immensely. However, the staff carried this burden with grace and continued to deliver service of the highest standard.
There was always a friendly hello, an offer to assist with whatever was needed, and laughs and jokes around the dinner table, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Though this establishment delivers on opulence and luxury, you feel like you’ve found a home away from home; an ocean-side sanctuary without pretence.
Now that travel is fully allowed again (yay!) I highly recommend that you go on a Garden Route road trip with your tribe and stay, for a night of two, at the striking Sky Villa Boutique Hotel.
While there, do yourself a favour and have lunch at The Bungalow, a luxury, but laid-back guesthouse right on the water’s edge at Hobie Beach, and another member of Cape Summer Villas. We had the most delicious sushi on a beautiful sunny day, right on the deck, overlooking the ocean.
Opt for a Cape Summer Villas package
You can choose any of the following Cape Summer Villas packages:
- The Seal the Deal Package includes an Offshore Adventures’ ‘Swim with the Seals’ experience, where you’ll get to swim with the Cape fur seals in Plettenberg Bay.
- The Beach to Bush Package includes a magical two-hour long Game Drive at the Plettenberg Bay Game Reserve.
- The Champagne Cruise Package includes an amazing Keurbooms River SUP (stand up paddling) and Champagne cruise, courtesy of Sup Keurbooms (SUP).
- The Family Fun Stay Package (two adults & two children u/12) includes a fun-filled day trip to Monkeyland, Birds of Eden and the Jukani Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The Perfect Date Package includes a romantic Thai Oil couples’ massage, courtesy of Royal Thai Plett.
- The Stay and Play Package includes a round of Golf at the signature Gary Player designed 18-hole, 72-par Goose Valley Golf Course.
How to book
Phone Sky Villa Boutique Hotel, Plettenberg Bay, on 087 550 2967, email@example.com , OR The Bungalow, Plettenberg Bay on 082 077 0260, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In keeping with protocols regarding the coronavirus, Cape Summer Villas Boutique Collection is monitoring the situation, following guidelines and adhering to stringent health and safety cleaning protocols – the safety and well-being of guests and staff at all its properties being of the highest priority.