Text and picture Supplied.
The sustainable, eco-conscious Gonana Guesthouse and Cottages, a Cape Country Routes member, situated on Bekbaai beach in the calm and tranquil village of Paternoster on the west coast of South Africa is the perfect hideaway and the perfect place to take a deep breath… to exhale slowly… to relax and unwind.
Winter is a secret comfort season at Gonana (which means “to embrace” in isiZulu) – it is a time that allows you to turn inwards, to let your senses take over, and to enjoy long, lingering ‘embraces’ with Mother Nature and to reflect on the beauty of coming together.
To make your welcome even warmer and just in time for the June/July school holidays and Father’s Day, is the Gonana Winter Warmer Special Stay for Three – Pay for Two – valid for all bookings to 15 August 2022. Ts & Cs apply.
Luxurious, but relaxed contemporary accommodation options at Gonana Guesthouse – eight ensuite guest rooms, seven with their own terraces or balconies and one studio, a fully equipped double storey with a kitchenette – can serve as a self-catering unit, or as a bed and breakfast:
- Available midweek from R999 per room (only pay R1 998 in total)
- Available weekends from R1 350 per room (only pay R2 700 in total)
- Rooms sleep two, with studio and triple room sleeping three
- Daily afro-Scandi breakfast included, Complimentary tea, coffee and fruit, Sea view, pool view, studio and mountain view rooms available, Swimming pool, Direct access to Bekbaai Beach, Pet-friendly, Complimentary Wi-Fi
And at the newly added Self-Catering Cottages – the perfect option for those seeking privacy:
- Available midweek from R2 650 for Stay Three – Pay Two Package
- Available weekends from R3 550 for Stay Three – Pay Two Package
- Aloe Cottage sleeps three (one-bedroomed cottage) *2022 Afristay Pet-Friendly Destination Award winner
- Acacia Cottage sleeps four (two-bedroomed cottage)
- Serviced daily, Complimentary tea, coffee, fruit and mini snack pack on arrival, Fully-equipped kitchen with gas hob, Outdoor braai on the upstairs balcony, Fireplace, Pet-friendly, 150m walk to Bekbaai Beach, Complimentary Wi-Fi, Night guard on patrol, alarmed and safe
As an eco-conscious and a recent 2022 TripAdvisor’s Excellence Awardee Scandi-owned guesthouse, Gonana is off the grid, self-sufficient, untouched by loadshedding, everything is fresh and organic and it follows the philosophy of ‘buying local, thinking global’ and empowering women wherever and whenever possible.
Gonana’s wonderful all-women’s team is ready to welcome you.